Scott Turbon Mixing Technology
Scott Turbon Mixing Heads simultaneously draws the product from both the top and bottom of the batch dispersing product rapidly throughout the tank. The unique design of each mixing head develops high pumping rates not seen with traditional batch style high shear mixers. Complimented with a range of application-specific shear elements, Scott Turbon mixers will easily handle your most demanding dispersing or emulsifying process, saving you time and ensuring your product quality.
- Type “A”: Designed for the production of fine emulsions and the wetting and dispersion of powders in lower viscosity formulations. It features a cage-like shear element that helps disperse agglomerated particles and standardizes the consistency of the batch.
- Type “B”: Designed for the wetting and dispersion of powders and production of emulsions in higher viscosity formulations. It features a large diameter, toothed disk, which enhances the flow characteristics of the batch.
- Type “C”: Designed for applications where high flow and lower shear are required. It features a smooth disk which can easily blend shear sensitive products.
Powder wetting and dispersing
- Many surface added powders used by industry are difficult to wet and difficult to disperse with creating a floating mess or a mixture of lumps/agglomerates. The unique design of the Turbon Mixer Head rapidly pulls powders from the surface down into the mix head where they are dispersed agglomerate-free into the mixture, saving time and reducing ingredient waste.
- Creating stable emulsions is a snap with the Scott Turbon Mixing Head. The high pumping rates and ability to pull from the top and bottom of the vessel, rapidly brings together the immiscible oil and water phases for contacting in the high shear zone of the mix head.
Blending & Dissolving
- The ability to pull liquid from above and below the Scott Turbon head, combined with high pumping rates, makes this an ideal choice for dissolving solids and blending together liquid additions in your batch, saving you time and producing quality products.
Hygienic design of the Scott Turbon mix head assures product safety and the elimination of batch to batch cross contamination. The mixer head is easily removed from the mixer shaft for COP cleaning and is available as a one-piece, CIP configuration for clean in place.
Have a Unique Problem to Solve?
Contact a Scott Turbon Expert Today!Contact Us
Ready to Get Started?
Our team provides the most complete and comprehensive portfolio of rotating equipment solutions - mixers and pumps - for your application. We are your perfect process partner.