Hydraulic Ram Mixers
The Scott Turbon Hydraulic Ram (HR) Mixers are designed and built for Pilot to Full-scale production. Incorporating the Scott Turbon Mixer head with an adjustable mixer height allows for processing of a variety of batch sizes and viscosities. The Scott Turbon Mixer head is designed to provide high shear with effective pumping action, ensuring rapid dispersion and emulsification of ingredients.
Scott Turbon Hydraulic Ram Mixers can be fitted with additional mixing technology for more efficient processing of thick products.
- A double-acting or dual shaft mixer utilizes a high shear Turbon mixer in conjunction with a sweep, scrape surface, or turbine agitator.
- A triple-acting or triple shaft mixer consists of a sweep or scrape surface agitator, a pitch blade turbine and a high shear Turbon mixer.
- The Scott Turbon mixing head ensures near-instantaneous processing
- When used with portable tanks, the Hydraulic Ram mixer becomes a ‘continuous’ processing line, with no time wasted waiting for product transfer.
- A two tank, rotating Hydraulic Ram Mixer installation, allows concurrent processing in one tank, while finished product is being pumped out of the other tank
- Vacuum rated units support conveying and sub-surface introduction of powders into the batch, followed by de-gassing of the finished product.
- Batch sizes from 25 to 3,000 Gal
- Interchangeable Turbon mixing heads
- Fixed floor mounted or portable frame depending upon your need and application
- Infinite mixer height adjustment enables mixer head positioning and/or cycling during processing for the production of viscous products, including dips, hummus and mayonnaise, that would otherwise require additional impellers, mixers, or downstream homogenizing
- Double and triple acting HR Ram mixers extend processing to very high viscosity products and hot process applications/cooking where motion throughput the vessel is critical and vessel wall surfaces must be ‘wiped’ to promote heat transfer
- Integrated mixer and lift controls
- All stainless steel, sanitary design construction
- No submerged bearings, bushings or hardware
- CIP design
Have a Unique Problem to Solve?
Contact a Scott Turbon Mixer Expert Today!Contact Us
Ready to Get Started?
Our team provides the most complete and comprehensive portfolio of rotating equipment solutions - mixers and pumps - for your application. We are your perfect process partner.