Bottom Mounted Mixers
Bottom mounted mixers are often used when headroom restrictions prevent a top-mounted installation and/or when the mix head needs to be located close to the bottom of the vessel for pre-mix or small batch processing. Scott Turbon offers the rugged design, model BM mixer that is suitable for installation in the most demanding washdown environments.
Coupled with the Scott Turbon Mixing head technology, the mixers are used to rapidly disperse, dissolve, de-agglomerate, and emulsify ingredients in a wide range of applications and are often installed in tandem with anchor-scraper mixers and turbine agitators when high viscosity and/or hot processing is required. Available in 8 model sizes, ranging from 1HP to 200HP, the BM model mixer easily accommodates the smallest to largest mixing challenge.
Standard features include:
- All stainless steel and fully sealed design stand up to the rigors of a washdown environment. Stainless steel, washdown motors are standard on models up to 20HP
- Sanitary construction for use in hygienic applications, including CIP capability
- Scott Turbon mixing head with interchangeable shearing elements
- Double mechanical seal design
- No submerged bearings or bushings
- Standard #4, 32 Ra or better surface finish for product contact surfaces. Other surface finishes available to meet your application needs
- The unique mixing head develops high pumping rates not seen with traditional batch style high shear mixers. Ingredients are rapidly drawn in from above and below the workhead ensuring the product is rapidly dispersed and blended to uniformity.
- Interchangeable and application specific shearing elements in the Turbon Mix head will easily handle your most demanding dispersing or emulsifying process.
- With a mix head location close to the bottom of the tank, partial batch processing or small volume phase preparation is easily accommodated.
- Can be used in tandem with anchor-scraper mixers and turbine agitators for high viscosity and/or hot processing applications.
- Direct driven design with no belts to adjust or gear reducers to inspect and lubricate.
- All stainless steel and fully sealed design, stands up to the rigors of a washdown environment
- ‘Wide-mouth” mounting arrangements are available on many models to permit full withdrawal of the mixer from outside of the vessel without the requirement for tank access to remove the mix head.
- Double mechanical seals for reliable and environmentally safe operation.
Industries and Applications
Have a Unique Problem to Solve?
Contact a Scott Turbon Mixer Expert Today!Contact Us
Ready to Get Started?
Our team provides the most complete and comprehensive portfolio of rotating equipment solutions - mixers and pumps - for your application. We are your perfect process partner.